Friday, October 5, 2007

On the job hunt...

So once again, I'm posting about the job hunt. I can't help it - even though I don't graduate for another 8 months or so, I feel the need to search site after site looking for a potential job. I change my mind once every two weeks or so though, so maybe within the next two posts I'll have a different life goal!
But for right now here is what I'm thinking: Big city (okay, no difference there) working at a PR agency. I'm thinking agency right now mostly because I really don't know what I want to do. My thoughts are that if I work for a PR agency I can get a broad idea of PR. Plus I think that there are positives about working at a large, established firm. One of the other obstacles I have run into is the simple fact that a lot of places aren't looking for an immediate post-grad. Almost everything that I run into is for 3-5 years experience and let's be real - that isn't me. And to be honest, I'm a little scared of the real world and the idea of being thrown into a job that I have no idea what I'm doing is daunting. Working at a large firm, I would probably start out with a paid internship and after three months or so, hopefully be promoted to a Jr. Account Exec. I'm confident that I can work my way up so right now this is looking pretty good.
I already spoke to someone at Edelman about applying for an internship for after graduation in Portland, OR, so I'm feeling pretty good. I just hope everything works out. Real world here I come... well that may have been slightly premature... real world here I come in eight months. Okay, much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.