Friday, September 28, 2007

Career- say what?

Lately I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do after I graduate and I really just can't seem to figure out what or where that is. My original thought was to pick a place to live and then just go there and apply for a ton of different jobs, but I find myself wondering if that is the best idea. I do a lot of random job hunting and I think a better idea may be just looking for the job that I can see myself in the best and then go after it.
The problem with this is what my good friend's hippie boyfriend told me -- go to a place that makes you happy and it will all fall into place. He said that if you follow a job you end up somewhere that you may not like that much and you'll just be there for the job. I see his thinking, but my problem is that I don't know where I even want to go. I swear I have a different place in mind every week! This week it is Portland, OR, last week Toronto and the week before it was San Francisco so.... what to do??
I think probably the best bet is a combination of the two. Follow a great job, but make sure it is in a city that I can enjoy. The real world is coming fast and I'm excited, but all of these decisions are making my head spin!!!!!!

No comments: